Are you ready to learn the biggest secret the mobile marketing world doesn’t want you to know? Here it is: developing a mobile app for your business is a complete and total waste of money. Now for the corollary to that secret: it is however essential that you have a mobile version of your website since more and more people are using their smart phones and mobile devices for information, research, and purchases.
And therein lies the distinction: mobile websites are NOT mobile applications. Both require internet connectivity. Both serve the exact same purposes, but one costs anywhere between $20-50 thousand… where your mobile website presence may cost you a few cups of coffee a month. What? Your mobile marketing consultant didn’t tell you that? It’s time you got educated on where to spend your mobile marketing dollars.
No one needs to be convinced of the popularity of mobile. Social media giants such as Facebook and Twitter report the number of people accessing their websites is growing exponentially from mobile devices – and if the stats show that for the big players, it’s likely the same trend will apply to your business as well. That’s why in this day and age, it’s almost a requirement that your site renders well in an mobile browser – which is exactly the reason why you need to have a mobile optimized website to reach all these potential customers that are constantly on the move. Mobile optimized websites are no longer an option. Here are six reasons why you need to get started on developing a mobile optimized website right now:
1) Mobile searches are starting to surpass desktop searches, which means more people are actually looking for you on the go than at their regular computers. If your website is not mobile optimized, it will not render properly on a mobile device and your chance at capturing that customer’s attention decreases substantially.
2) Mobile smartphone users require speed, and your regular website may not load fast enough on a mobile browser. We’ve all been there trying to load a website on your phone and waiting, waiting, waiting – even on a 4G connection speed! Well, if you’re site is mobile optimized, that long downloading time for your regular site is eliminated and the mobile version pops up quickly. As they say in the ATT commercial with the kids, “would you rather have a website that loads fast or slow?” – that’s why mobile optimization is the way to go!
3) Navigation on a regular website may not be as intuitive as when the site appears in a mobile browser. If your site isn’t easily navigated, it’s a sure bet that the user will become frustrated at not being able to find the information they need and move on. Is it fun scrolling right/left/up/down when your regular website is displayed on a mobile device? Do you want to frustrate and annoy your visitors? An easy to navigate website is one of the top reasons to have your current site mobile optimized. We cannot stress this point enough and regular websites no longer cut it when it comes to your phone’s screen.
4) Text must be easily viewable as well on mobile devices since the screen size is so much smaller than the desktop version, meaning font size and selection is of paramount importance. What good is it if someone finds your site via search, downloads the page quickly and navigates to the page they’re looking for only to not be able to read the text display? Mobile website optimization solves this annoying issue that we all can relate to I’m sure.
5) People are shopping more on their mobile devices than ever before. If your website contains any e-commerce capability or lead capture, going with a mobile optimized version of your website makes more sense now than ever! You need to present your product, how to buy it, get on a mailing list, contact you immediately and easily, and provide the mechanism that makes it easy and efficient to make the sale. Mobile optimized sites do this – your regular site on a mobile device probably won’t convert as easily. If you’re looking to grow your business and make sales via the internet, this point alone should be a convincer on why a mobile optimized website is a necessity.
6) If your site is not mobile friendly, you will lose out to your competition that is proactive in this in search results and more. Many times people are looking you up at your URL for the first time via mobile. It is imperative you make that good first impression! Since people are accessing your site via smartphones, mobile optimized websites help make your customers happy, helping you build brand loyalty and repeat sales in the process.
Will a mobile app do all the above? Probably, but you don’t need to spend that kind of money when all that’s required for a successful mobile presence is an internet connection and a website that meets all the benefits listed above. We have tons of experience building mobile optimized websites and can do this for a fraction of what you’re probably paying right now for mobile marketing services from those that are calling themselves “experts”, and pushing these expensive apps on you.
The good news is all you need to do is add a few lines of code that we provide to you to make this all happen, and the entire mobile optimization process takes about 5 business days from start to finish! The result will be your website being rendered correctly on any make and model of any Smartphone on the market. And the best part is whenever you update your site or make any changes, these changes are automatically revised on your mobile optimized site as well. If your website is not currently mobile optimized, we strongly urge you to contact us and get the process started.
With all the facts we’ve covered in this article, can you really afford not to do this when technology is screaming in your face what your obvious next move should be? No, you certainly do not need a mobile app for your business – but a mobile optimized website is a whole different story!
Share on Facebook